The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

47th Birthday

This morning my daughter, Meg, took me down to In House Chocolates to treat me to one of their superb hot chocolates (melted chocolate is poured into a mug and topped up with hot milk - it's then up to you as to how much you stir it in, or spoon it out from the bottom of the mug).

And my son, Rogan, has come home for the weekend from university for the first time since we took him up there 7 weeks ago.

And Maggie has made a rather scrummy chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Today is a good day.

10 comments

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIM.

Am I shouting so you can hear me loud and clear? :-D

Kim Ayres said...

Thanks GG - much appreciated :)

Jonathan Chant said...

Happy Birthday Kim.

Kim Ayres said...

Thanks Jonanthan :)

A Daft Scots Lass said...

any day that has hot chocolate AND chocolate cheesecake AND your birthday, is an excellent day!!!

I hope you enjoyed every moment.

Kim Ayres said...

Gillian - it was and I did, thank you :)

Hindsfeet said...

wishing you happy, you and yours...

wishing you a rich new year...

glad that you're on the planet, Kim

~Liz

injaynesworld said...

47?!! You're a damn puppy! Happy Birthday, my friend. What better way to celebrate than with loved ones and chocolate. :)

Pat said...

So sorry I missed it but all my best birthday wishes are sent to you now.
It sounded like a perfect day.
I remember 47 that's when I started to take good health seriously and stopped smoking, eating junk and drinking more that was necessary. Quite glad now that I did.

Kim Ayres said...

Liz - many thanks :)

Jayne - thank you - there are very few better ways :)

Pat - better late than never - on all accounts :)

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.