The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Red Nose Day Blog Book

I will get round to expanding on my previous post (and answering the comments) when I've got a spare moment, but in the meantime we interupt this broadcast to bring you news of importance...

With Red Nose Day this coming Friday, one blogger has decided to to assemble and publish a paperback anthology of blog writing, that can be sold to raise funds for the charity. The book will be called - Shaggy Blog Stories: a collection of amusing tales from the UK blogosphere.

If you're based in the UK then you can support the project by submitting a humourous blog, but where ever in the world you are you can support the project by buying the book next Friday

Follow this link for more details

http://troubled-diva.com/labels/rednoseday.html

10 comments

Pendullum said...

Don't live in the UK but Kim are you going to put one of your posts in???
You really should....
A gentle nudge...

Dr Maroon said...

I like to phone up the telethon and pledge £50 000 just to hear my name. I really hate Terry Wogan. I do. I'm not proud of that but there it is.

Kim Ayres said...

Pendullum - of course I have :)

Dr Maroon - I did hear somewhere that he's the only one who demands payment for presenting Children in Need, but then it might just have been a vicious rumour.

Pat said...

I had a lovely shaggy dog story I wrote years ago but they can't /won't accept it as it isn't a post. Tant pis!
Surely Wogan wouldn't dare!

Kim Ayres said...

I think he's after stories that have already been published on a blog, so all you have to do is put it on your blog, then send the link.

As for Wogan, I've found the story here but he doesn't come out of it as badly as you'd think. Although it doesn't say whether he donates his fee to the charity

Dr Maroon said...

What post are you slinging their way? I demand the right to criticise.
That thing 'witty and twisted' is on BBC7 but I shan't listen after the dreadful treatment they gave you.
Philistines.

Foot Eater said...

Terry Wogan is a big cuddly teddy bear, and I say that as a robust heterosexual. I won't hear a word said against him.

I've submitted a Shaggy Blog Story from my own archives. The rules don't preclude cannibalism as a subject.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Good choice, Foot.

What did everybody else submit?

Kim Ayres said...

I submitted "And I'm not looking forward to the journey home" which was considered by some to have been the point I peaked.

So I'll be gutted if I can't even get accepted for a charity blog book.

Foot Eater, I look forward to rereading it

Dr Maroon, I appreciate your solidarity, I really do.

Binty McShae said...

I submitted my 'Irony, Schmirony' post sometime last week. Don't know if it's been accepted though. I was looking back through my posts and, whilst some are amusing, most were too topical when they were written to be worthwhile now. So it was that one or the toilet post, but I thought I'd be barred on grounds of human decency if I submitted that one.

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.