The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Ask the Photographer... and Episode 60 of Understanding Photography with Kim Ayres

This coming weekend is Spring Fling – traditionally an open studio event where anything from 60 to 100 artists fling open their doors for visitors. From potters to weavers, painters to jewellers, photographers to printers, there are all kinds of creatives to visit.

Obviously Covid has had an impact and for the 2nd Spring Fling in a row, it has had to move online.

From 29th May to 6th June this year, there will be workshops, demonstrations and talks, and each of the participating artists and makers will have a page full of info you can peruse at your leisure.

Make sure you head over to https://www.spring-fling.co.uk/ for the full experience!

To tie in with this, next week's podcast – Tuesday 1st June at 7.30pm UK time on Facebook Live at @kimayresphotography - will be an "Ask The Photographer" session.

Had the pandemic not happened, I would have had a studio space you could visit, with examples of my work hanging on the walls, a photography set-up to do demonstrations, and of course you would be able to chat to me and ask whatever you wanted.

I love these interactions! But while this year it can't go ahead physically, there's nothing to stop us taking over the podcast to do a virtual version, where you can ask me anything you would have asked, had you had the opportunity to visit.

I've set up an Event page on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/494281278656560
where you can post your questions, or if you prefer you can post them here or email me.

At the moment I have no idea whether anyone will be interested enough to want to ask me anything, so I'm not putting restrictions on the number of questions. However, if several people ask the same thing, I will bunch them together, and if I get too many to answer, then I will have to pick and choose.

So do please have a think what you would want to ask me if you had the chance to visit me in the open studio event, and let me know via whatever communication system you find easiest.

Then tune in live next Tuesday (if you want to be able to comment live), or return here next Wednesday for the recorded version to see if I answered your question.

Meanwhile, enjoy episode 60 below where I got creative with a macro lens and dandelions and give advice on how to create similar results with a mobile phone and a magnifying glass!

---

0:00 - Welcome, what's coming up, greetings and comments
6:42 - Dandelions and a Macro Lens
21:50 - If you don't have a macro lens, using a magnifying glass
27:35 - Introduction to the Critique section of the podcast
31:09 - Critique of images submitted to the Facebook Group, "Understanding Photography with Kim Ayres"
1:24:03 - Coming up next week
1:28:45 - End

If you found this interesting/useful/entertaining, then please consider supporting these podcasts and blog posts via buymeacoffee.com/kimayres

Also consider subscribing to my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/kimayres – to help me build the numbers.

And, or course, if you would like to submit a photo for feedback, or just ask a photography related question, then do join my Understanding Photography with Kim Ayres Facebook group and I will put it into the following podcast:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/240842990388815/

No comments

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.