The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Memories of Chocolate - and Episode 37 of Understanding Photography with Kim Ayres

The 7 Deadly Sins of Chocolate photo shoot I did for In House Chocolates last year has been the most requested set of images for me to talk about on the Understanding Photography with Kim Ayres live video podcast.

So with Christmas looming, it seemed like an appropriate time to give the back story to a shoot that was full of complex planning, unexpected problems, and vast amounts of chocolate.

Maggie thought my presentation was a bit more hyper than usual – as though actually I'd had one of their legendary hot chocolates or mochas just before the podcast started. Perhaps it was all the talking about them that fired off the neurons in my brain associated with caffeine and chocolate.

At one point, while I was busy waxing lyrical about how they make their drinks with melted chocolate, Maggie felt the need to leave a comment reassuring other viewers the podcast was in fact about photography...

But I think part of getting a bit carried away is it reminded me of just how much I miss going out, meeting up with friends and clients over a mocha, and exploring and developing ideas, or just putting the world to rights.

With all that's been going on in the world with the pandemic, going out for a hot chocolate is such a minor, insignificant thing, but like so many of the things that occasionally threaten to overwhelm our thoughts and emotions, it's what it represents.

I'm a social person.

And a hugger.

Meeting up with someone, hugging them, and then ordering a coffee (or hot chocolate) was a highlight of any week.

And I miss it.

I really miss it.

However, here's last night's podcast and it's quite lively – nothing like as maudlin as this post.

---

0:00 - Welcome, what's coming up, greetings and comments
6:58 - The 7 Deadly Sins Photo Shoot for In House Chocolates
20:26 - The lighting setup for the shoot
30:15 - Envy
33:00 - Gluttony
33:45 - Greed
34:20 - Lust
34:58 - Pride
35:44 - Sloth
38:10 - Wrath
40:36 - All 7 together
52:45 - Critique of images submitted to the Facebook Group, "Understanding Photography with Kim Ayres"
1:57:17 - Coming up next week
1:58:00 - End

If you found this interesting/useful/entertaining, then please consider supporting these podcasts and blog posts via buymeacoffee.com/kimayres

Also consider subscribing to my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/kimayres – to help me build the numbers.

And, or course, if you would like to submit a photo for feedback, or just ask a photography related question, then do join my Understanding Photography with Kim Ayres  Facebook group and I will put it into the following podcast:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/240842990388815/

No comments

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.