The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Festive Wishes

On Thursday I drove up to Edinburgh to pick up my son, Rogan, and bring him home from university for Christmas.

Yesterday he helped me construct a new computer desk because sometime before new year he's going to be building me a new computer! A couple of months ago he built his own, inspired by a few of his friends who'd done it, and realised he could save a few hundred pounds if he bought the components and stuck them together himself. Such was his success that he offered to build one for me if I bought the parts, and that would be his Christmas present for me.

It certainly beats a pair of slippers...

Maggie's busy creating enough food to feed a small army, despite there being only half a dozen of us here for dinner tomorrow, but that's always been her way.

Meg has bought and paid for all the gifts she's giving everyone else. It took a little bit of managing as she has no sense of money at all. You might say you like hot chocolate, or you might say you like Ferraris - she would buy you either if she had the money and not distinguish the difference - it's just something you like so she'd want to get it for you. Her generosity is legendary, but her ability to understand cost is non existent.

So, Christmas is here once again and I feel truly blessed to have a roof over my head, food in the cupboard and be surrounded by a loving family. I know that so many people are lacking in one or more of these things, and that's heartbreaking.

No sign of snow this year, so a Christmassy photo wasn't easy to find, but a couple of weeks ago there was a bit of frost and I managed to catch the last of it sugar coating the tips of some holly leaves, so I thought that would do.



Whatever your cultural, religious or spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof), I hope this festive season is good to you and your loved ones.

Wishing you all the very best!

Kim x

7 comments

Unknown said...

Happy Holidays to you as well. I always so look forward to your Christmas cards and you never fail to impress. Although sometimes I miss seeing the family photos. :)

Kim Ayres said...

Wishing all the best to you and yours, Carole!
I'm afraid there's not so much opportunity for the family photos these days, but when there is, you'll generally find it posted on The Other Place... :)

Z said...

Happy Christmas, Kim and family x

Kim Ayres said...

Happy Christmas Z - lovely to hear from you :)

savannah said...

((((((((BIG HUGS))))))) for you and yours, dear friend! Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, and all around Happy Times!! xoxox

hope said...

Glad to hear Rogan not only got home, but wow...what a gift idea! And so proud of Meg.

Hope your Christmas was merry and your New Year will be wonderful!

Kim Ayres said...

Savannah - ((HUGE HUGS)) to you too! All of the above back to you, plus Happy Birthday on a few days too :)

Hope - had a great time, thanks - hope you have too :)

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.