The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Surprisingly, I seem to be well...

Last Monday Rogan went down with something horrible. Food poisoning was his own diagnosis. He couldn't think what he'd eaten that might have caused it, but he was convinced the symptoms seemed to fit.

However, in the middle of night a couple of days later, Maggie got hit by the same thing, so it was obviously something else.

Later in the day, Holly went down with it.

That night, so did Meg.

I was the last man standing...

... waiting for my turn...

... and waiting.

Never before have I been so hyper aware of every single ache, burble, internal movement or noise - each one surely indicating the onset of this extremely unpleasant illness.

Nearly a week has now passed and everyone is now pretty much over it, so it seems I have survived unscathed.

I'm extraordinarily grateful it bypassed me but I have absolutely no explanation why.

Still getting wee bursts of panic each and every time my stomach gurgles though...

9 comments

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I was waiting, hoping I wouldn't catch the dreadful viral infection [which ended up giving me acute bronchitis].

Everyone caught the virus [minus the bronchitis]. One nephew didn't. I have NO idea how. I'm so jealous.

Stay well, Kim, stay hale and hearty!

hope said...

Maybe it feared you'd take it's photo and show all of us what to be on the lookout for. :)

Glad your immune system worked so well. Speedy recovery to the rest of your family.

Kim Ayres said...

Guyana-Gyal - I can't really say the anticipation is worse than having it, but if I had had it, the anticipation on top of having it would have made it worse.

I have no idea if that sentence makes sense...

Kim Ayres said...

Hope - I think there are some things even I wouldn't photograph... :)

Hindsfeet said...

wishing you well my dear......well and well and well...........

warmest,
Liz ~*

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

It makes absolute sense, Kim!

It 'talks' to me. It's me :-D

Kim Ayres said...

Liz - I survived!!! :)

Guyana-Gyal - :)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you were spared. Someone to help the rest of the family through. I'm thankful I've not had it although I understand it's pretty common.

Kim Ayres said...

Allen - I've been particularly fortunate in that very often the illnesses that wipe everyone else out either bypass me, or don't affect me as badly. I count my blessings every time :)

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.