The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Déjà vu

"Stop fussing, we’ll pay you back. Now type your credit card details in there!"

Less than 24 hours after the T in the Park music festival finished, I received an email telling me that as a loyal customer, I was being offered a 48 hour slot to buy tickets for next year in advance of them being available to the general public.

"Click there! No!!! Not there! THERE!!! 2 tickets! Now, go to the checkout! NO!!! Click THERE!!!"

With processing fees, handling and postage, even at last year's prices my credit card is now £415 heavier.

At least Rogan's enthusiastic once more about his Home Baking business so it shouldn't be too long before he's paid me back this time

So yes, T in the Park seems to have been a huge success and my son is keen to go again next year

"Best weekend of my life!" said Rogan.

Hold on, I've spent 16 years raising you, teaching you, taking you places, showing you how to interact with the world, and your best ever weekend of your life was spent knee deep in mud, really loud music in your ears, eating poor quality very expensive junk food and sleeping in a tent that wasn't able to keep the rain out? And more importantly, without me?

"But I couldn't have gone without your help." Warm smile. "Thanks Dad!"

Sometimes I think I've taught him too well

21 comments

Sandy's witterings said...

From your comments before - A loyalty card for Rogan's cakes seems a good idea. But from this post I can see I'm going to offered a 48 hour window to pay for a cake up front for the next time I'm passing his stall. Perhaps one should worry when a stall holder feels the need to wear chainmail.

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes I think I've taught him too well"....I know :)

angryparsnip said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, life is grand !

I was wondering how the music festival went. From your post today it was a big success.

cheers, parsnip

Pat said...

Oh good! Someone else is feeling happy - just at this moment in time:)

savannah said...

children (no matter what their age) can always find a way to make you smile when least expected, sugar! cheers! xoxoxo

AA said...

LMAO, I love it. :-)

Falak said...

Always a pleasure to get back to reading your blog. Lovely post, this one.

The place where you live, how far is it from Edinburgh?

hope said...

Keep repeating to yourself, "I am a good Dad. I am an excellent Dad."

In the meantime, think of all the witnesses you've accrued here that can remind Rogan of his financial obligations to dear ol' Dad.

Kim Ayres said...

Sandy - the chainmail was only for the medieval fayre and he's decided it's far to heavy to wear again - and it heats up too much in the sun :)

Theanne & Baron - :)

Parsnip - everything he told me that he was excited about just made me feel tired and old...

Pat - we only ever have this moment in time, but so rarely do we notice :)

Savannah - very true :)

Adila - :)

Falak - Always a pleasure to know you are reading :)

I'm about 100 miles/150km South West from Edinburgh. If you can find Dumfries, I'm 20 miles west :)

Hope - it also means I have a hold over him until he pays up too (if you don't tidy your room/wash the dishes/do your homework you won't be going o T in the Park next year!)

Jasmine said...

That's really nice. :)

I know I've mentioned Zazzle to you before, for yourself.. but perhaps if Rogan is into photography or art himself, he could make money that way too. Don't mean to be a broken record, just love Zazzle. :) It's definitely helped me pay for things I wouldn't have had the extra cash for.

Unknown said...

Great post. Made me smile.

Falak said...

I am in Edinburgh now and was wondering if I could drop by....

Kim Ayres said...

Jasmine - Thanks for reminding me - I've just taken Rogan to your shop and on to the Zazzle front page and he's showing interest :)

Carole - it warms my heart to know I've made you smile :)

Falak - I've sent you an email - do get in touch :)

Charlie said...

£415 for a music concert? Holy cow!

Mimi and Tilly said...

Did someone mention baking? Due to my healthy eating extravaganza, I haven't baked in a very long time! If I was closer I would come and visit Rogan's bakery business and make a purchase. Cake. Yum.

Anonymous said...

:D

Mary Witzl said...

Boy, do I give you credit for taking Rogan to T in the park!! Some noise was made about it here, but the steep price kept it from being a serious consideration.

(I'll bet you're glad you did it -- right?)

Kim Ayres said...

Charlie - that was for 2 tickets, but it's still damned expensive

Emma - I've told him to set up a Facebook page for people to sign up to so he can notify them when he's running a cake stall :)

Allen - :)

Mary - I didn't take him, I just paid for the tickets until he could pay me back. He went with his big sister, Holly, and they got the bus up there and back :)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hehe, good reply, Rogan.

Unknown said...

Big smile. My 15 year old son is heading to a similar venue on Sunday. Missing you.

Kim Ayres said...

Guyana_Gyal - :)

Tara Marie - hope he has a great time! Missing you too - are you going to start blogging again, or are you blogging in a different place these days?

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.