The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

48

48 has a nice round feel to it. Divisible by 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 16 and 24, it feels inclusive and encompassing - a big, friendly number.

47 hasn't been particularly bad to me, but somehow I feel glad to have past it.

But whatever colour, aura, vibration or superstition any number might induce, I've had a good birthday today, surrounded by people I love and taken for a wonderful hot chocolate by my daughter at In House Chocolates (which does the tastiest hot chocolate for at least 100 miles in any direction), and fed with the most richly indulgent chocolate torte made by wife who is one of the worlds most amazing creators of such things.

As my birthday draws to a close, I feel warm, contented and stuffed.

5 comments

Hindsfeet said...

very much celebrating your life, my friend......you have been a light in dark places......more often than you know.......

Thankful, deeply grateful, for your life, and your light.....

Happy Birthday,
Liz ~*

Yaya Snaps said...

Happy Birthday Kim...yours sounds like it was quite lovely...lots of chocolate :)

hope said...

Sounds like you brought in Year 48 in style. Best wishes for an even better year.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Warm, contented and stuffed is a great way to be! (Reminds me of the 3 questions my brother in England always asks his daughter, if she feels this way).

I hope you have many many birthdays like this.

Kim Ayres said...

Liz, Theanne, Hope and Guyana-Gyal - many thanks for your birthday wishes - they are deeply and warmly appreciated :)

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.