The blog of photographer Kim Ayres

Brief Encounter

.
Do you remember The Storytellers Blog? It was quite the phenomenon last Autumn. But then Christmas distracted everyone and through the long winter people's thoughts have been elsewhere (I'm being generous here, I know, as I don't want to admit everyone might have thought it was a crap idea).

Kanani posted the first story of 2008 earlier this month, so I thought it would be a good idea to try and kick start it again.

A couple of weeks ago, Pat from Past Imperfect asked about people's brief encounters with complete strangers where a moment was shared. It set me off thinking about a particular occurrence me nearly 10 years ago when travelling home, late at night.

So I thought I'd record my own Brief Encounter and post it on The Storytellers Blog.

With a bit of luck it might inspire you - yes you, stop looking at everyone else when I'm talking to you - don't think you can hide anonymously behind your computer screen - to record your own story and post it. If you're not already a member of The Storytellers Blog, send me an email and I'll give you the permissions needed so you can upload your tale.

OK, now you can pop over there and listen to my Brief Encounter.
.

10 comments

Anonymous said...

My computer crashes if I try to record anything in my voice. In fact every computer I tried crashes with my voice. Honest.. ;)

That was the best I could come up with...

Unknown said...

If you think I would follow up your beautiful poignant story with my American hick accented story, you have another think coming.

Plus I would have to go buy a microphone and learn how to do it.

Plus I love the phrase--you have another think coming.

Justin said...

It really is a good Idea.
But, man, it's hard to keep up with these things.

Anonymous said...

I'll head right over.

And it wasn't a crap idea at all. I love the Storyteller's blog! It just slipped off my radar for a bit, that's all.

Kim Ayres said...

Sini - somehow I find that difficult to believe...

Carole - there are instructions on the site and you know I'll happily talk you through it via email. And accents are all relative - one of the things I love about The Storytellers Blog is the variety of voices

Justin - in what way? (I'm not letting you off that easily)

Sam - I'm desperate to hear another of yours. "The Rite of the Lie" is one of my all time favourites.

Mary Witzl said...

I love that variety of voices too, though the sound of my own makes me cringe. But when do I get a quiet, tranquil moment around here? Very, very rarely. And when I do get that rare moment -- or a couple of them all stacked together -- I want to write, not record! Plus, you've seen me with the technology, so you know what I'm coping with. I need the kids around to show me what to do, then I need them to get out of the way so I can do it. I will happily come and listen, though!

Pat said...

Carole: if I can do it anyone can. Kim is ace at helping and its another string to your bow. Do it - you won't regret it.

Apex Zombie said...

Hey dude, got an award for you over in my blog :)

Pendullum said...

Kim, I have been pathetic at best with my own blog as of late... Too many darn deaths....
Sad, but true... Such is life...
Once I get caught up with my regular pals out there in the blogosphere I will pop over and read up on the brief encounters...

Kim Ayres said...

Mary - excuses, excuses, excuses - we need recorders, not just listeners. In fact you could even try and get one of your daughters to record something :)

Pat - thank you for that vote of confidence - I look forward to your next one. you have a beautiful voice :)

FLG - aw, shucks. Thank you :)

Pendullum - I know it's been a relly tough time for you. I hope you'll find a place where you can write about more heartening things soon

All content copyright of Kim Ayres. Powered by Blogger.